Pen Sieve

A deeper, pensive look into the Word of God, a witty and humorous look at our Spiritual selfs, understanding the why's of life, growing ever closer to Jesus plus living full and joyous lives!!

A lack of water and frogs


After a week of having bucket baths and eating out (can't cook or wash dishes, duh!) we've just gotten our water back. Yippee!!! Even if it's dirty and muddy, at least we have  WATER!! Yesterday we went down into the huge underground empty tank and found (yuk) frog carcasses and a few live ones hopping about in there... eessh, my daughter doesn't find the romance in this (surely kissed frogs turn into handsome Princes!!!) and says she won't shower for a week (it's a bit late in the day for that yah??) but we had the tank cleaned out (thrice) yesterday and repaired and cemented and re-sealed. And cleaned it again early this morning. Why am I writing this? Because I agree with a friend of mine who posted about the temerity of living in Dar. 
Yes, life is is one long ________________ of one thing after another!!!!
After banging my head on the wall and getting nowhere and nothing but serious headaches, I decided to fill in that blank with the word ADVENTURE - and because of that simple twist of words,  I find myself asking and praying and beseeching The Lord frequently for the  ER's or emotional resources -  to help me cope with every new thing (read: adventure) that doesn't work out as it's meant to and let me tell you, that's almost every other second. If it's not a lack of water it's a lack of electricity, if not elec it's the genset blowing up all the kitchen appliances, if not the generator it's 2 punctures at the same time, if it's not the punctures it's ____________________  !!!  You write down the 'troubles' that irritate YOUR well-ordered life!!
Lesson Learnt: If  I don't laugh at myself and my small 'adventures' plus ask for a huge dose of Holy Spirit and JC juice, let me tell you I'd be raving insane right now.... (or maybe I am already?? Lol!)  Did I mention I have OCD?? Wrong place for me to live is where I have to DYI 99.9% of the time....
1. What that dose of H/S and JC also does is that it keeps us energized coz we know that our energy source comes from Him and the prayers of those who love us, isn't that neat??  A source of Energy and Help that never ceases. 2. If the water hadn't been cut  my family would never have discovered those frogs in tank.... so guess what, yup, we'd still be cooking and showering with 'frog-laced' water. Or maybe that's why we're so healthy and our skins so smooth hahahahaaa!!
Yah yah, after you've had a long laugh at me, take a minute and look at your life and your adventures and maybe the reason you didn't have (water) or what-ever... last week is that maybe, just maybe, you need to put a frog in your water-tank of  life, coz check this out -
FROG = Forever Relying On God.

Have a froggy week y'all, hahaha!!